[Libs-Or] Meeting room use and public calendar

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Tue Oct 24 13:44:44 PDT 2017

I'm curious if any libraries make their meeting room calendars publicly accessible, and to what extent? We currently maintain two calendars: one that's publicly available that shows library-sponsored events, and one that's internal for room reservations. One of the things that came out of our strategic plan is that there's a need for information about community events. I've been tossing around the idea of having a public calendar showing groups using our meeting rooms, but I'm wary of a) cluttering up the website with multiple calendars, and b) creating an impression that the library is sponsoring these events. Any thoughts?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Highway 101 #201