[Libs-Or] 2019 OLA-WLA Conference: Conference Committee recruitment
LUDINGTON Sue R
Sue.LUDINGTON at co.lane.or.us
Mon Apr 16 11:56:49 PDT 2018
**apologies for cross-posting**
As many of you get swept up in the excitement of the 2018 OLA Conference this week, I'd like to take the opportunity to put the call out for next year's conference planning committee. Looking to get more involved with OLA? This could be your chance!
Every five years, OLA gets together with the Washington Library Association (WLA) to put on a joint conference; next year we resume the tradition! The 2019 OLA-WLA Conference will be held at the Hilton Vancouver in Vancouver, WA from April 17-20, 2019 (full conference dates tentative). With (wo)manpower from both organizations working to build a stellar conference, it's bound to be twice as fun and rewarding, right?
As the 2018 OLA Conference Committee Program Chair, I have the honor of serving as Conference Committee Co-Chair in 2019 (yes, it's an honor but also a *relief* to share the responsibility with WLA's team!). At a minimum, I am looking to fill the following committee positions:
* OLA Program Coordinator = coordinates program planning & logistics, presenter arrangements; serves as main on-site contact
* OLA Exhibitors & Sponsors Coordinator = recruits vendors as exhibitors and sponsors; serves as main on-site contact
* OLA Communications Coordinator = promotes conference, creates marketing content, conducts outreach to libraries, assists with social media in advance and on-site
* OLA Volunteer Coordinator = recruits & coordinates volunteers; serves as main on-site contact
* OLA Local Arrangement Coordinator = researches & compiles options for transportation, parking, local restaurants/pubs; propose optional outings, etc.
If you're intrigued and want to know more, or maybe even throw your hat in the ring, give me a shout! Email, phone, hunt me down at the conference - whatever works best in your world.
I can't wait to hear from you!
Thanks for considering,
Lane County Law Library
125 East 8th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
sue.ludington at co.lane.or.us | 541.682.4337
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or