[Libs-Or] Kappy Eaton

Buzzy Nielsen, OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Mon Aug 13 09:09:44 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I am very sorry to report that retired University of Oregon librarian,
long-time OLA member, former OLA President, and amazing activist Kappy
Eaton died on Tuesday, August 7, in Eugene. Kappy had an indelible effect
on Oregon and its libraries, having been a tireless adocate for Oregon
libraries and democracy in general. Even after her retirement in 1996,
Kappy remained active in the League of Women Voters, American Association
of University Women, and Common Cause Oregon. Carolyn Peake's Fall 1996 *OLA
Quarterly* article details how Kappy influenced libraries throughout Oregon
and the nation.

https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol2/iss3/5/

Kappy's service will be on Saturday, August 25, 2:00p at Central
Presbyterian Church, 555 East 15th Street, Eugene. Memorial gifts can be
made to the Lane Community College Foundation, for the Kappy Eaton AAUW
Scholarship Fund, or to the League of Women Voters of Lane County. Thank
you to Carol Hildebrand for bringing Kappy's passing to our attention.

Buzzy Nielsen
OLA President, 2017-18