[Libs-Or] Hail and Farewell!

King, Valery G valery.king at oregonstate.edu
Thu Aug 16 10:14:54 PDT 2018

Dear Libs-or/OLA Friends,

After close to four decades off-and-on in the Oregon library community (30 at OSU, with 19 of them in government documents) I will be retiring at the end of the month and moving to Florence, thus fulfilling a longstanding ambition to live on the Oregon coast!

I've had a wonderful time being a librarian, and a big part of that was being a member of OLA. Here I made a lot of friends (a special shout-out to DIGOR, my OLA home) and felt truly privileged to serve a term as Treasurer, and on several conference and other OLA committees and task forces. Thank you all for your friendship and collegiality. You're a great bunch of people to work and socialize with! :)

That's it, I'm getting choked up now. My last day at work will be next Friday, August 24.
Siuslaw Public Library, I'm coming your way!

Valery

Valery King, associate professor
Government Information/Business Librarian
Oregon State University Libraries & Press
phone 541-737-7318 | email valery.king at oregonstate.eduLib
Make an Appointment<http://oregonstate.libcal.com/appointment/24473>