[Libs-Or] Library 2.018 Free Web Conference on Social Crisis Management Oct. 17

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Tue Aug 21 09:52:20 PDT 2018

We're so excited to bring you another Library 2.018 free web conference on
Wednesday, October 17, 2018! This time, the conference topic is "Social
Crisis Management in a 21st Century World."

We'll discuss different ways libraries are responding to challenges of
social and economic disparity, ranging from homelessness and hunger to
substance abuse and racial equity. You'll learn about programs and services
developed to address some of these social crises and the outcomes.

The conference will be held online from noon to 3 p.m. Pacific Time and is
free to attend. Please register
<https://librarysocialcrisis.eventbrite.com/>  to join the live conference
and/or get access to the recordings.

Like our other Library 2.018 conferences, we will start off with a panel
presentation and then break out into concurrent crowd-sourced sessions.
We'll then come back together for final thoughts.

Confirmed Keynote Speakers Include:

.       Patty Wong, Director of Library Services for the Santa Monica Public
Library in California

.       Ryan Dowd, Executive Director of Hesed House in Chicago, Illinois

.       Rebekkah Smith Aldrich, Executive Director at the Mid-Hudson Library
System in New York

The call for proposals <http://www.library20.com/page/call-for-proposals>
is now open, and everyone is welcome to submit a proposal.  In short,
presentations should be at least 15 minutes in length, and all sessions must
be completed (including Q&A) within 25 minutes. Presentations must be
non-commercial. Session slots are limited and may fill before the proposal
deadline of September 28.

The Library 2.0 conference series was co-founded by the San Jose State
University School of Information <http://ischool.sjsu.edu/>  in 2011 and
continues to offer free professional development to information
professionals worldwide. Conference archives are available at Library20.com
<http://library20.com/>  and YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/user/library20conference> .

Quick Links:

.       Overview and Keynote Speakers:
http://www.library20.com/page/socialcrisis

.       Registration: https://librarysocialcrisis.eventbrite.com/

.       Call for Proposals: http://www.library20.com/page/call-for-proposals

Contact:

Nicole Purviance

Director of Marketing and Communications

School of Information

San Jose State University

One Washington Square

San Jose, CA 95192-0029