[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase: Courtney Gill

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:36:19 PST 2018

Courtney Gill currently works as a Library Supervisor at the Hillsboro
Public Library. Please download and read her latest article, “HPL Cares:
Leading by Taking Action,” here: https://doi.org/10.7710/1093-7374.1940

>From Courtney’s article, “HPL Cares passionately pursues avenues for
improving the community they work within while providing a path for their
colleagues and library patrons to easily follow. Ask any team member and
they will proudly share their mission: We Partner. We Support. We Care. HPL
Cares capitalizes on the trust the library has built within the community
to spearhead service-based projects that encourage staff and patron
involvement while seeking to deepen empathy among the citizens of
Hillsboro.”

Please read on to learn about this innovative new program from the library
at the heart of the Silicon Forest, the Hillsboro Public Library. Thank you
for sharing, Courtney!

Best,

Charles Wood

OLA Quarterly Editor-in-Chief