[Libs-Or] Craft Night at the library

Perry Stokes director at bakerlib.org
Mon Dec 17 15:04:01 PST 2018

I second Kirsten's view.

We do have a general purpose Friends' group donation kitty out on the
circulation counter. Previously they had Geraldine the Piggy Bank until she
got accidentally damaged in a move (see image). These banks get loose change
and a few dollars occasionally. Certainly not enough to sponsor programs.

The Friends did once try using the countertop bank for a targeted drive
(i.e. StoryTime Room furniture pieces). In that case, signage was put nearby
with a meter to show fundraising progress. On its own, it was unsuccessful,
but did help contribute public awareness and at least some funds toward the
goal.

Perry Stokes | Library Director

Baker County Library District