[Libs-Or] share your library health programs

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Wed Jan 3 09:41:53 PST 2018

Hello everyone,

Currently I am an advisor for Promoting Healthy Communities, a consumer health initiative of the Public Library Association (PLA) and National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM). As part of this initiative, we're eager to spread the word about the great consumer health-related programs already underway in our nation's public libraries.

I'm writing to encourage you to submit a brief write-up about a health program your library held in the last couple of years to ALA's Programming Librarian website<http://programminglibrarian.org/>. This free website contains a wide variety of program ideas for libraries. Library professionals are encouraged to submit their own programs for publication in a section of the website called Program Models. View the Programming Librarian Program Model database here<http://programminglibrarian.org/programs>.

To submit your program for consideration, please fill out the "Share Your Program" webform<http://programminglibrarian.org/submit/submit-program-ideas> available on the website. If you prefer, you can email your submission (using this Word document provided at the previous link) to programminglibrarian at ala.org<mailto:programminglibrarian at ala.org>.

Programs from all library types are welcome. Please limit your submissions to programs that have taken place within the past two years. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sarah Ostman, communications manager for ALA's Public Programs Office, at sostman at ala.org<mailto:sostman at ala.org>.

Thanks for your consideration! Together, we hope to inspire more public libraries to take on this important work.

Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP / Consumer Health Coordinator
NNLM Pacific Northwest Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
206-221-3449
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>