[Libs-Or] Library Card Signatures

Terri Washburn TWashburn at cityoflagrande.org
Wed Jan 3 10:22:52 PST 2018

I would appreciate knowing how other libraries handle this question:

>From a legal standpoint, do you allow persons of diminished capacity who are 18 years of age or older and also have a caretaker/minder when in the library, to sign for a library card?  Or, do you require a legal guardian to sign (and be financially responsible for items checked out)?

Thanks for your help.

Terri Washburn, MLIS, MPA |  Library Director
Cook Memorial Library |  2006 4th Street |  La Grande, OR 97850
541-962-1339 |  fax 541-962-1338
twashburn at cityoflagrande.org<mailto:twashburn at cityoflagrande.org> |  http://www.cityoflagrande.org/library
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.

[cid:image001.png at 01D3847C.CF18B370]

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library... Jorge Luis Borges<http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jorge_Luis_Borges>, Dreamtigers (1960)