[Libs-Or] Fwd: [ala-ifc] Interpretations and resources published

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Thu Jul 5 09:50:09 PDT 2018

Good morning, Oregon!  For the last several years, I have represented the
Public Library Association as liaison to the ALA Intellectual Freedom
Committee.  I wanted to let you know the ALA IFC has created and ALA
Council has adopted  three revised interpretations of the Library Bill of
Rights.  The topics are meeting rooms, library-initiated programs and
services to people with disabilities.  You'll find links and additional
information below.

You'll also find a link below to information about two additional resources
that were just created--one on social media policy and one on managing
library programs that may prove controversial in your community.

I hope you will find these resources helpful.  Please feel free to contact
me if you have any questions.  And remember, your OLA Intellectual Freedom
Committee and the ALA Office for Intellectual Freedom are always there for
you, too!

Warm regards to all,

*Cindy*

*Cindy Gibbon*
*Director of Policy and Special Projects*
My schedule: Monday through Friday
Multnomah County Library
503.988.5496
multcolib.org