[Libs-Or] Looking for info on recordings at conferences

Drea Douglas drea.douglas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 20:08:12 PDT 2018

Hello, Oregon librarians! I have a question regarding conference recordings
- is this still a thing?

The backstory is as follows:

I'm on the board in another organization, National Storytelling Network. We
have a conference in a few weeks (and this question would be for the
future, not for this one) and another board member sent me the following
question:

These days do librarian conferences still record their sessions, and sell
the recordings?

My workshops at OLA were recorded and sold, in the ancient days of
cassettes — an important source of income for the organization. But maybe
it gradually became less popular or feasible. These days anybody can make a
[questionable quality?] recording on their smartphone.

​As you can imagine, I'm now​ asking around in my organizations. I imagine
that she's right, people don't do this much anymore, but it's possible, so
hey, raise the issue. If OLA still does this, I'd love to talk with someone
about that, but if any of you are involved with other groups
(library-related or other) that still do this, I would love to be in
contact with anyone involved with either conference planning or any vendors
of this service.

Many thanks in advance,
Drea Douglas