[Libs-Or] Hey. HEY. HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY. OLA Quarterly!

Jane Scheppke JScheppke at crooklib.org
Fri Jun 8 11:11:17 PDT 2018

Hi all -

Me again. I still have some space to fill for the Summer 2018 issue of the OLA Quarterly. The theme of the issue is Lots of Ways to Be a Leader, and I want anyone who has a good story about effecting positive change in their library (or trying to effect positive change and flopping, but learning important stuff along the way) to write about it!

This is a great way to get your name in print and to share your knowledge with your Oregon library peers. I am interested to hear from fellow LIOLA participants, but I am widening my search to encompass the library community at large.

I realize this is a packed time of year for those of us in public services -- hell, Summer Reading is why I am sending this email now instead of one week ago. If you would like to write for this issue, let me know today - no formal abstract necessary on first contact - and we can work together to get an idea into shape. First drafts are due July 15.

The Gallup personality assessment I took for LIOLA taught me that I collect ideas like some people collect "old magazines" or "porcelain dolls." I was troubled that Gallup International thinks I am some kind of Collyer Bros-type superhoarder doomed to be crushed by periodicals and eaten by my own cats, but there is truth in this judgment. Tell me your ideas, and I will help you develop them and put them in a little jar in my toolshed, except that jar is an article and that shelf is the Quarterly.

Anyway, think about it!
_
Jane F. Scheppke, MLIS
Assistant Director of Public Services, Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
(541) 447-7978 ext. 303 (extension 316 after 6/9)
jscheppke at crooklib.org<https://mail.co.crook.or.us/owa/14.3.319.2/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=aIMhSZz7canS6XaBDNRRoWtySW92jzSPL_v78zl1353Vdvg6XjrUCA..&URL=mailto%3ajscheppke%40crooklib.org>
Work week Tues-Sat
follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/crookcountylibrary/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.