[Libs-Or] Announcing Fostering Grade Level Reading: An LSTA grant-funded project

Katie Anderson katiea at wccls.org
Fri Mar 9 08:14:39 PST 2018

Hi all,

If you would like to write a letter expressing your support of Washington County Cooperative Library Services' year two Library Services and Technology Act grant application for Fostering Grade Level Reading, the information you need to do so is attached-project description, project team introductions, and talking points. If you choose to submit a letter of support, they are due to me on March 16.

By submitting a letter of support you library is not committing to do anything. A letter of support will let the State Library know that you see a need for research-based literacy activities for K-3 grade students and that you think WCCLS should implement a pilot project that would include (1) an evaluation of the literacy activities and their impact on children and libraries, and (2) an update of the Fostering Readers resources to reflect lessons learned from the pilot project.

Thanks,
Katie Anderson
Youth Services Librarian
katiea at wccls.org<mailto:katiea at wccls.org> |503-681-5098