[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Systems & Applications Librarian at Pacific University
jmeetz at pacificu.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:50:20 PDT 2018
Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR seeks a Systems & Applications Librarian.
The Systems & Applications Librarian provides strategic and functional leadership in planning, implementing, and supporting library technologies. This position provides primary technical and application support for the systems, platforms, and technologies that support all library services, including circulation, physical and electronic collection management, resource sharing, research services & instruction, digital collections, and publishing. In addition, the Systems & Applications Librarian works collaboratively with the Libraries' Center for Educational Technology & Curricular Innovation (CETCI), providing secondary support for educational technology platforms hosted by CETCI. This position also coordinates with university IT (University Information Systems) to manage library technology services effectively. Pacific University is a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, which maintains a shared integrated library system (Ex Libris ALMA/Primo); in this shared environment, this position works closely with Alliance staff and library staff at member institutions, and serves as the Libraries' representative to various consortium initiatives and groups. This position requires strong analytical, communication, and project management skills to develop and implement successful technology strategies for library operations and functions. The Systems & Applications Librarian reports to the Dean of University Libraries, is a member of the Library Faculty, and works as a library team member in a rapidly changing environment. Library faculty members are expected to engage in university and professional service, as well as relevant scholarly activities that advance personal and institutional practice. This is an 11-month annual contract on an extended-term track appointment.
* Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and supporting library technology, collaborating with all Libraries departments to understand technology needs and empower Libraries faculty and staff to use and guide development of systems relevant to their work
* Primary technical and systems responsibilities for library systems and platforms, including, but not limited to: the integrated library system (Ex Libris ALMA) and discovery platform (Ex Libris Primo); libraries' website (WordPress); subject guides and database A-Z (Springshare LibGuides); digital collections platforms (Omeka, ContentDM); and electronic resource authentication (EZProxy)
* Primary responsibility for Libraries system and application upgrades, including configuration, maintenance, integration, troubleshooting, quality assurance and testing, and training and support of library staff.
* Secondary technical support responsibilities for additional vendor-hosted platforms (e.g. bepress Digital Commons) and for CETCI educational technology applications (e.g. Wordpress)
* Design and execute analytics and reporting queries in library and educational technology systems to support assessment of workflows, collections/resources, services, platforms, and user experience/outcomes across the Libraries
* Develop and maintain documentation to support applications and document decisions regarding library software/hardware.
* Participate in relevant Orbis Cascade Alliance groups and teams and contribute to the shared work of the Alliance.
* Provide support for library staff concerning computing-malfunctions and troubleshooting in collaboration with University Information Services.
* Evaluate and document library systems hardware and software requirements and evaluate computer replacement schedules.
* Contribute to internal Libraries and University committees and cross-functional project groups
* Fulfill the responsibilities of a library faculty member by participating in shared governance, in university and professional service, and in scholarly/creative activities that inform the duties of this position.
* MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
* Two years' experience working in a library technology position, preferably in an academic library, or an equivalent combination experience.
Please see the job post<https://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/offices/human-resources/employment/available-positions/1709-systems-applications-librarian> for more details.
Johanna Meetz, MA, MA | Scholarly Communication & Publishing Services Librarian | Assistant Professor
Pacific University Libraries | 2043 College Way | Forest Grove, OR 97116
p: 503.352.1488 | f: 503.352.1416 | jmeetz at pacificu.edu<mailto:jmeetz at pacificu.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or