[Libs-Or] OLA's response to State Librarian dismissal

Susan Gilmont susangilmont at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:48:33 PDT 2018

As a retired library worker, I don’t usually say anything on this list.  But
I feel compelled to add a comment on this occasion.  Speaking only for
myself, I have pretty good “support staff radar.”  I know who my friends
are, and I don’t forget them.  MaryKay Dahlgreen has been a long and
unwavering supporter of support staff, from encouraging her employees to
participate in the OLA Support Staff Division, to speaking at SSD
conferences, to her warm and welcoming demeanor.  She never made me feel
like an “other,” but rather as a valued colleague.  Noted and truly
appreciated.  This really is a shame.

Susan Gilmont (retired library technician)

“El sueño de la razón produce monstruos” -- Goya