[Libs-Or] Strong progress made with Governor's office

MaryKay Dahlgreen mkdahlgreen at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 16:15:53 PDT 2018

Dear friends,
I want to thank each and every one of you who have sent your incredibly wonderful words of support for me and the State Library. I also want to thank each of you for reaching out to the Governor’s office and to your Senators. It has been important that they hear our deep concerns about the process and the importance of transparency.

As I read Buzzy’s report on his meeting with the Governor’s staff and Amanda, the OLA lobbyist, I would like to echo Buzzy’s request to limit comments at this point in service to moving the state library and libraries in Oregon forward. I am very pleased that OLA and the Board will be deeply involved in the selection of the new state librarian, as they should be, and I have confidence that this will pave the way for a better relationship between the legislature, the Governor’s office, the state library and libraries in the state.

I hope to see many of you at the OLA conference. I am taking a well deserved break (if I do say so myself) and look forward to eventually getting back into the day to day of libraries. I have loved serving as state librarian and I look forward to continuing to work alongside the amazing library people in Oregon.

MaryKay Dahlgreen