[Libs-Or] LIBS-OR Policy re: political information

Matthew Baiocchi mbaiocchi at lincolncity.org
Tue May 1 17:38:16 PDT 2018

As for the Libs-OR rule, If we're to use the list "for the sharing of information about the Oregon library community" might we make the change to officially be allowed to discuss local/state politicians and ballot measures that affect the library community?

Previously important discussions which I can think of include the ballot measures in Josephine and Douglas counties, the ongoing struggle in Wallowa county to create a library district, last year's win for the 5-year levy in Tillamook county, and last (but definitely not least) the surprising firing of MaryKay Dahlgreen.

These (and others, of course) are issues that should be discussed amongst library folk - whether or not this is the place for those discussions I leave to folks smarter than me.

Matthew Baiocchi

Reference Librarian

Driftwood Public Library

801 SW Highway 101 #201