[Libs-Or] Job Posting - Librarian I, Eugene Public Library

HORNER Nancy J Nancy.J.Horner at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed May 2 17:59:02 PDT 2018

Eugene Public Library is seeking a dedicated public service professional with a desire to provide a wide range of library services in a vibrant, forward-looking environment. This Adult Services position includes reference and reader's advisory; collection development; tech training and help for patrons, staff, and volunteers; programming; and community outreach. Evolving public programs and services include workshops and individual training in our maker spaces, including software and hardware support for creative image, audio, and video production in our Windows and Mac media lab. The library continues to explore new technologies, expansion of web services, and much more. If you have a passion for science, literature, the arts, and technology, a fascination for how they can enhance each other, and a desire to bring these experiences to the community, this could be the job for you!

Eugene, Oregon is a lively, creative community that celebrates arts, culture, education, and all aspects of outdoor life. In the beautiful Willamette Valley, an hour from the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains, or 5 minutes from a garden or bike path, Eugene is a nature-lover's paradise. Home to four institutions of higher learning, including the University of Oregon, and a growing center of technology innovation known as "The Silicon Shire," Eugene is a place for invention of the future. Come join the adventure!
Salary: $51,168.00 - $65,104.00 Annually
Application Deadline: Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5:00 pm PST
Online applications only: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/eugene/jobs/2050040/librarian-1-adult-services?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs