[Libs-Or] Fwd: Not at #NLLD18? You can still take action!

Buzzy Nielsen, OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Mon May 7 09:55:56 PDT 2018

***** Please forgive cross-postings *****

Hi everyone,

As Diedre noted last week, today and tomorrow (May 7 and 8) are National
Library Legislative Days (NLLD), a time dedicated to telling our federal
legislators how valuable libraries are in the communities they serve and
how federal funding and policies help support our work. We have a great
NLLD crew representing Oregon in-person in Washington, DC:

   - Sara Charlton, Director of the Tillamook County Library;
   - Esther Moberg, OLA Vice-President/President-Elect and director of the
   Seaside Public Library;
   - Ruth Murray, retired teacher-librarian and instructor at Portland
   State University's Library Media program; and
   - Kim Olson-Charles, Distance Education & Reference Librarian at
   Concordia University.

Thanks to all of them for advocating for Oregon libraries!

Even if you're not in DC, you can still contribute. Contact Senators Wyden
and Merkley and your representative to let them know how you federal
library funding impacts your community and library. See Don Wood's message
below to see how you can participate and what ALA is prioritizing this
year. Here is their contact information. If using social media, please use
#NLLD18. Any contact method is fine, but legislators often find phone calls
to be the most meaningful.

Senator Jeff Merkley
202-224-3753
Email contact form: https://www.merkley.senate.gov/contact/

Twitter/Instagram: @SenJeffMerkley

Senator Ron Wyden
202-224-5244
Email contact form: https://www.wyden.senate.gov/contact/email-ron
Twitter/Instagram: @RonWyden

Representative Earl Blumenauer (3rd District)
202-225-4811

Email contact form: https://blumenauer.house.gov/contact/email

Twitter/Instagram: @repblumenauer

Representative Suzanne Bonamici (1st District)
202-225-0855

Email contact form: https://bonamici.house.gov/contact/email

Twitter/Instagram: @RepBonamici

Representative Peter DeFazio (4th District)
202-225-6416

Email contact form: https://defazio.house.gov/contact/email-me

Twitter: @RepPeterDeFazio

Representative Kurt Schrader (5th District)
202-225-5711

Email contact form: https://schrader.house.gov/contact/

Twitter: @RepSchrader

Representative Greg Walden (2nd District)
202-225-6730

Email contact form: https://walden.house.gov/contact-greg/email-me

Twitter/Instagram: @repgregwalden

And as always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for your advocacy efforts!

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen
OLA President, 2017-18