[Libs-Or] Fwd: [Feminist Task Force] FTF Wikipedia Edit-a-thon @ ALA Annual in New Orleans

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:40:15 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Harrington, Sherre <sharrington at berry.edu>
Date: Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM
Subject: [Feminist Task Force] FTF Wikipedia Edit-a-thon @ ALA Annual in
New Orleans
To: feminist at mit.edu <feminist at mit.edu>

SRRT Feminist Task Force has organized two Wikipedia edit-a-thon
opportunities during ALA Annual in New Orleans: *Women of Library History
Wikipedia Edit-a-thon I & II, *Saturday, June 23, 9:00-11:30am, MCC Room
264; *Women of Library History Wikipedia Edit-a-thon III: Working
Party, *Sunday,
June 24, 6:00-9:00pm, Milton H. Latter Memorial Library, 5120 Saint
Charles, 504-596-2625.

At these edit-a-thons, you will have the opportunity to work on improving
or creating articles about women in library history, or any other topic
that you may choose. We'll help you get started. We'll have some librarians
around to help you research and get you into the basics of Wikipedia
editing. Co-sponsored by ACRL's Women and Gender Studies Section.
Refreshments will be served at each event.

More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/New_Orleans/WomeninLibraryHistory
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*
<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou