[Libs-Or] nudge nudge nudgety nudge... Summer 2018 OLAQ submissions sought

Jane Scheppke JScheppke at crooklib.org
Thu May 24 12:24:02 PDT 2018

Hello out there in libraryland -

And we are back, well-rested and barrel-chested and bursting with ideas after four days at the inaugural Leadership Institute of the Oregon Library Association. If you attended LIOLA as a mentee, I hope you had an excellent time and were able to delve a little deeper into your ideas for the summer issue of the OLA Quarterly. You... were thinking about writing articles for the OLA Quarterly, were you not?

Anyway, abstracts and article proposals for that summer issue are due June 1! The theme for the issue is Lots of Ways to Be a Leader, and it is being guest-edited by me! If you have an idea for a 1,500 - 2,000 page article (or maybe an epic poem, or a one-act play) that addresses the theme, you can send it directly to me at jscheppke at crooklib.org. Mentors and LIOLA organizers are also welcome to write, as is anyone else who would like to talk about they have created/attempted to create positive change in their library organization.

If you have an idea but it isn't quite fully formed, I'm happy to help you develop it, too. I'm not as scary as I look.

Anyway, as stated, the deadline for article proposals or abstracts is 6/1. Articles are due on 7/15, with a projected pub date of mid-August. This is a great way to get your name in print, and you get to retain ownership of your work so you can publish all over the place if you so desire. Fantastic resume and/or library school application fodder.

Yours in librariousness,
_
Jane Scheppke, MLIS
Assistant Director, Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
(541) 447-7978 ext. 303
jscheppke at crooklib.org<https://mail.co.crook.or.us/owa/14.3.319.2/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=aIMhSZz7canS6XaBDNRRoWtySW92jzSPL_v78zl1353Vdvg6XjrUCA..&URL=mailto%3ajscheppke%40crooklib.org>
Work week Tues-Sat

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.