[Libs-Or] Acoustic treatments?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Mon Nov 19 12:41:24 PST 2018

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who weighed in on our acoustic issues! After talking to our buildings department, we're going to try some panels like this:

https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/alphasorb-quick-ship-acoustic-ceiling-cloud/

I will report back as to how much it helps!

[LC-CircularLogo-Color-email]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101  |  PO Box 50  |  Lincoln City, OR
I'm curious if any of you have had success with incorporating acoustic treatments after the fact into your libraries? My library is frequently named the Loudest Library on the Coast by patrons, and it's not ALL because I have super loud staff members -- the architecture around our front desk tends to amplify noise rather badly. I am looking into whether there is a way we could add acoustic panels or something to deaden some of the echoes and address some of the noise issues.

[LC-CircularLogo-Color-email]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101  |  PO Box 50  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996.1251  |  E: kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org<mailto:kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org>
W: Driftwoodlib.org | W: LincolnCity.org