[Libs-Or] Civics - last workshops of the "season"

Donna Cohen dcohen at dcoheninfo.com
Thu Oct 25 19:44:56 PDT 2018

New season starts in January. The complete set of workshops will be
presented at Hillsboro Public Library starting in February!  Keep an eye out
for details.

My favorite recent testimonial is from Mike Donahue, former Anchor on our
local CBS news station [6 in PDX]. He was at my Misinformation workshop in
Newberg Wednesday night:

"Thanks, Donna. Your workshop was very informative. I especially appreciated
the websites you included to fact check claims and ads.
Your examples were current and excellent. I will recommend your class to all
my journalism friends."

Elections and Campaign Finance

Voting as Constitutional right(?), Voter Rights, Determining Winners,
Redistricting, Electoral College, Campaign Financing and Databases, Public
Financing...more

Sat. Oct. 27   3:00-4:30   Oregon City Public Library 606 John Adams St.,
Oregon City

Citizen Activism 101 -Making Change Happen

Strategies for change; examples of advocacy; choosing your battles;
"Tracking" legislation.

Sat. Nov 10th   3:00-4:30   Oregon City Public Library

Misinformation, Fake News and Political Propaganda

Learn to distinguish truth from fiction using critical thinking strategies.

Sat. Nov 17th   3:00-4:30   Oregon City Public Library

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MEd, MLIS

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

citizen at civicthinker.net

Civics for Adults Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire
Political Engagement

Facebook:  <https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/>
https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/  or contact to
be on Civics email list.

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY