[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Cataloging & Govt Docs Manager deadline extended

Markland, Mary J Mary.Markland at oregonstate.edu
Wed Apr 3 11:12:46 PDT 2019

DEADLINE EXTENDED - please ignore the cross-posting

The Oregon State University Libraries & Press is looking for collaborative and innovative individuals to apply for the position of Cataloging & Government Documents Manager, a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, professional faculty management position. The person in this position will bring strong people and project management skills that support the discovery of OSULP collections in a library environment that is dynamic and strategic. They will provide leadership in the organization, use, and management of state and federal government documents within the bounds of the Oregon State Library distributed housing agreement. The Cataloging & Government Documents manager will facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.

OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, and LGBTQ community members. The successful applicant will join a very collaborative and highly engaged team of library faculty and staff. While we strive to provide clarity about the skills needed to be successful in the position, we recognize that we haven't thought of everything and that applicants may bring unique skills. If this is you, don't hesitate to apply and share with us how your specific skill set might enhance the work we do to support the OSU community. Salary range is $50,000 to $55,000. OSU Libraries & Press offers a relocation allowance and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, two retirement program choices, and numerous other benefits, including professional development support (https://hr.oregonstate.edu/sites/hr.oregonstate.edu/files/benefits/potentialhireacademic.pdf). Oregon has no state sales tax.

To review the full position description and submit application documents online by April 19, 2019, visit: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/73029

Please feel free to share this with anyone you think might be interested.

Mary J. Markland
Director, Guin Library
Oregon State University
Hatfield Marine Science Center | 2030 SE Marine Science Drive | Newport, OR 97365
541-867-0108 | mary.markland at oregonstate.edu<mailto:mary.markland at oregonstate.edu>
"Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one." - Neil Gaiman