[Libs-Or] Helping authors who help us

Marci Jenkins Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Fri Apr 19 12:31:09 PDT 2019

Dear Oregon Librarians,

I recently asked permission to use a drawing by an author/ illustrator called Robert Trujillo to promote an event at our library. Robert (the author) was very kind letting me reproduce his art at no cost. I found out that Robert Trujillo is the author of the amazing picture book below. I want to promote Robert’s book not only due to  his act of kindness and generosity but due to his talent and contribution to children’s diverse literature. As a person of color myself, I was once a little child struggling to see myself in the books I read, therefore, I can tell you how much this book is essential to your collection.

You can purchase the book at  Robert’s web page: http://Furqansfirst.com

Basic info about the book:
The book is about an Afro-Latino boy going to get his first haircut, his imagination, and the relationship between him and his father. You can watch a video book trailer<http://bit.ly/FurqTrailer> here.

Age range: 4 to 8

ISBN: 978-0-9967178-0-9

Hardbound 40 pgs

Publication date: May 1st, 2016

Published by Come Bien Books

Bilingual: English/Spanish

[cid:image001.png at 01D4F510.DE146F30]

Thanks, Gracias, Obrigada!

Marci Ramiro-Jenkins
Reference Librarian/Latinx Outreach Coordinator
McMinnville Public Library
503-435-5568
[librarybanner]