[Libs-Or] Tis the season... to report intellectual freedom challenges to the State Library!

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Wed Dec 4 08:21:13 PST 2019

Has your library or school received in 2019...

  *   A request to cancel a program?
  *   A complaint about a display or exhibit?
  *   A book with hateful drawings inside or profanity marked out?

Report<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/oifc/report> these - and any other intellectual freedom challenges - to the Oregon Intellectual Freedom Clearinghouse<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/oifc/home>! The more information we have, the better picture we can paint about the intellectual freedom landscape in Oregon.

The OIFC will then submit these to ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom (OIF)<http://www.ala.org/tools/challengesupport> - minus any personal or institutional information - in support of their effort to raise awareness and respond to censorship threats by creating resources for libraries.
Questions? Contact me!

Tamara Ottum
Oregon Intellectual Freedom Clearinghouse Coordinator
https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/oifc
State Library of Oregon | Library Support & Development Services
tamara.ottum at state.or.us<mailto:tamara.ottum at state.or.us> | 503-378-6506<tel:%20(503)%20378-6506> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>