[Libs-Or] The 25 Best Children’s Books of 2019

Marci Jenkins Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Fri Dec 6 13:03:02 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

The New York Times has published the list of the 25 Best Children’s Books of 2019 I am not a children’s librarian but as a parent of a young child, I am pleased to see so many diverse books added to this list. I want to thank all children’s librarians that have been acquiring diverse books for their children’s collection and  would like to urge our libraries to utilize them at story time and also promote these fantastic books, their authors and illustrators.

By knowing the stories of other children, recognizing their differences, what making them smile, their fears and struggles we are equipping our youth with the cultural competence the world is longing right now.

If you are interest check the list accessing the link below

https://nyti.ms/2OK5S18

Marci Ramiro-Jenkins
Reference Librarian/ Latinx Outreach Coordinator
503-435-5568
[Logo email]