[Libs-Or] Urban Librarians Unite Conference-Call for Proposals

Urban Librarians Unite urbanlibrariansunite at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 07:17:02 PST 2019

Hello All,

Urban Librarians Unite is calling for presenters for our eighth Urban
Librarians Conference to be held at the Brooklyn Public Library, Grand Army
Plaza, Brooklyn NY on May 1, 2020.

The theme of this year’s conference is “Caution: Librarians at Work!” and
will be focusing on the pragmatic realities of working urban librarians.
Special topics of interest include, working conditions, trauma in the
workplace, mid-career development, badass library workers, diversity in the
library workforce, rights and protections for staff, and philosophies of
work and management.

All proposals will be considered by the ULU educational committee. ULU is
committed to diverse presenters. We encourage all presenters to seek out
diverse and underrepresented voices on topics and issues under discussion.
Preference will be given to panels which offer a variety of perspectives.

Please use this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOEmmMHNADr6vtkTFTWdm5UZboXY2wy4pipK9scjycS65tTQ/viewform>
to submit your application. The final date for consideration will be
December 31, 2019.

Thank you!