[Libs-Or] Ask: Rotating community art displays

Lisa Elliott lisae at tigard-or.gov
Tue Dec 10 10:39:49 PST 2019

Hello all! Here at the Tigard Library we're beginning the process of bringing new art into our building. In the Teen Scene specifically, we'd like to have an installation of rotating art submitted by young artists and members of the community. Do you have anything similar at your library? If so, would you kindly answer me these questions...several. Of course if there's anything else you'd like to share, please do:

  *   What kind of systems do you use to display the art? Do you have specific requirements for the medium?
  *   How do you curate the art? Do you select artists and pay for their work? Are art submissions contest-based?
  *   Have you worked with temporary mediums like panels with chalk paint?
  *   Do you partner with other organizations to curate the art?

Thank you so! Feel free to reply directly to me, and I can post a summary of responses to Libs-or if y'all would like.

-Lisa

Lisa N Elliott
Young Adult Librarian
Tigard Public Library
(503) 718-2654
lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov>
she|her|hers

Work Schedule
Tuesdays-Saturdays

[signiture picture]

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."