[Libs-Or] Call for nominations: OLA Honors and Awards

Sybilla Cook sybillac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:36:11 PST 2019

Please stop sending these. I ask again. Mrs Cook died in October.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 18:57 OLA Awards <olaawards at olaweb.org> wrote:

> Yes, it’s time to nominate your colleagues for OLA Honors & Awards!
>
> Who has done an outstanding job or taken on a project or been responsible
> for a success in our libraries this year?   Tell us about those talented,
> dedicated individuals whose commitment to excellent library service has
> made a difference.  The OLA Honors & Awards Committee want to know who
> those individuals (or groups) are and we want you to tell us!
>
> Nominations may come from all types of libraries and from all kinds of
> librarians, staff and supporters.
>

> Nominations are open for the following awards:
>
>                 Oregon Librarian of the Year
>
>                 Library Employee of the Year
>
>                 OLA Distinguished Service Award
>
>                 Library Supporter of the Year
>

> Nomination letters (with no more than six letters of support) are due
> Friday, March 20, 2020
>
> These awards will be presented to recipients at the 2020 OLA Conference
> Luncheon Banquet in Bend on Friday, May 1, 2020.
>
> Here’s the details on each award:
>

>    1.
>
>    Oregon Librarian of the Year may be awarded to any Oregon librarian
>    who has been working in an Oregon Library for at least two years in a paid
>    professional position. The nominee must demonstrate excellence in library
>    service in his or her community and to Oregon libraries. The nominee must
>    be a member of OLA.
>

>    1.
>
>    Oregon Library Employee of the Year may be awarded to any Oregon
>    library staff member who has worked in an Oregon library for at least two
>    years as a paid staff member and demonstrated excellence in library service
>    in his or her community.
>

>    1.
>
>    Oregon Library Association Distinguished Service Award may be awarded
>    to any Oregon librarian or library staff member, who has been in the
>    profession for 15 or more years, has worked in Oregon libraries for at
>    least ten years, and is currently a member of OLA, for exceptional service
>    over a period of years.
>

>    1.
>
>    Oregon Library Supporter of the Year may be awarded to any volunteer,
>    volunteer group, library Friend, board member, government official, or
>    other individual who is not a paid library staff member and who has
>    demonstrated excellence in supporting and promoting Oregon libraries.
>

> If you need more info, read the awards guidelines and let me know if you
> have questions. Take a look at
> https://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=251
>

> Your letter (e-mail) of nomination should include the following
> information, if pertinent, and be as informational as possible:
>
>       * Name, contact information, current position for nominee
>
>       * Award for which you are nominating the person or group
>
>       * Description of why your nominee should be selected for an OLA
> Award
>
>       * OLA activities: committee appointments, etc.

> [...]
*Sybilla A. Cook*
*3550 SW Bond Avenue # 905*
*Portland, OR 97239*
*503-688-6754*

*Website: sybillacook.com <http://sybillacook.com> *

*2016 recipient of the Oregon Library Association’s Evelyn SIbley Lampman
Award for significant contributions for the benefit of the children of
Oregon.*

*Author of Drawn Together...in art...in love...in friendships: The
Biography of Caldecott Award-winning Authors Berta and Elmer Hader.
Concordia Publishing, 2016.*