[Libs-Or] Call for Poster Session Proposals

Laura Kimberly L.Kimberly at NewportLibrary.org
Tue Dec 31 13:42:04 PST 2019

Good afternoon,

I wanted to see if this could be posts on Libs-OR. It is a call for poster session proposals for the 2020 OLA Conference. The message is also attached with the 2020 OLA Conference logo. The logo didn't copy over into the message below. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Subject: Call for Poster Session Proposals / 2020 OLA Conference:  Equity, Diversity, Inclusion

The Oregon Library Association conference will be held April 29-May 2 at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend. As we celebrate 80 years since OLA’s beginnings at Timberline Lodge in June 1940, the theme for the 2020 OLA Conference will be: Equity, Diversity, Inclusion.

We are now accepting proposals for poster sessions, with a deadline of: Friday, February 28, 2020 for submissions. With your contribution, we hope to build a slate of content that is engaging, informative, diverse, and inspiring.

Session Proposal Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDlJUn_V8tHwdMVpJwFtolWck8xxGwxfGImuQketZggqNv_Q/viewform

Questions? Please contact:
Laura Kimberly, Poster Session Coordinator, l.kimberly at newportlibrary.org<mailto:l.kimberly at newportlibrary.org>

Read on for more information:

Submissions are open to anyone, regardless of membership status.

We are looking for submissions that address equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI), which are at the center of our work in libraries.  Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy, providing free and open access to services and resources for everyone in our local communities. This year’s OLA conference will explore EDI in many connotations and intersections, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical and mental abilities, body size, religious beliefs, political ideologies, and geography.

The conference is an opportunity for OLA to have focused conversations surrounding EDI, learn from one another, provide professional and personal growth, and share the important work we are doing to help create equitable and inclusive communities in Oregon.

Happy New Year!
Laura

Laura Kimberly

Library Director

City of Newport

Newport Public Library

L.Kimberly at NewportLibrary.org<mailto:L.Kimberly at NewportLibrary.org>

541.574.0600

[1557859596302_PastedImage]