[Libs-Or] Support SB 5518 and Support Ready to Read Grants

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:16:54 PST 2019

I really hope many of you will use this new tool.  We've talked about
making it available for use in Oregon for a few years and Elaine finally
made it happen.

This is such an easy way to send a message to State Legislators.  I just
tried it out and it works great.  I was able to use the template and adjust
it to put in some of my own content about how we use the Ready-to-Read
grants in Lincoln County.

This is the same program used by ALA for national advocacy efforts,
http://cqrcengage.com/ala.  ALA has paid for the program for us to use on
the state level.  It is a terrific tool!

One small glitch, it didn't recognize my zip code but when I put in the zip
code used for most of Newport it worked just fine.

--
*Diedre Conkling*
*diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou