[Libs-Or] Opportunity for Small/Rural Public Libraries

ALA Chapter Councilor olachaptercouncilor at olaweb.org
Thu Jan 17 08:26:05 PST 2019

On behalf of:

Brianna Hoffman

WLA Past-President, 2018

Hello Everyone,

The application deadline for the second round of OCLC's WebJunction Small
Libraries Create Smart Spaces
<https://www.webjunction.org/explore-topics/smart-spaces.html> program is *this
Friday, January 18th at 5:00pm Pacific Time*.

In the first round, we worked with 15 libraries
<https://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/libraries-chosen-smart-spaces.html>
 to help them collaborate with their communities to transform a space in
their library into a place where community members join together in
hands-on active learning. The program was so successful that we’ve received
an IMLS supplemental grant
<https://www.oclc.org/en/news/releases/2018/20181128-oclc-awarded-imls-funds-small-libraries-smart-spaces.html>
do it again with another 15 libraries! The opportunity includes free online
orientation to the “smart space” process, along with a small sub-grant.

We’re accepting applications through January 18, 2019, from libraries that
serve communities of 25,000 people or fewer. This is a wonderful
opportunity for small/rural public libraries and we would be grateful if
you’d share this with the small or rural libraries in your network to
ensure libraries who would benefit from this program can apply.

Here’s a link to the participant overview
<https://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/smart-spaces-participant-overview.html>
which
includes more information about the program, and a link to the application
page <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/smart-spaces-application>.

Applications are due *by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday, January 18,
2019.*

Thank you!

--
Danielle Jones
*Oregon Library Association ALA Chapter Councilor*