[Libs-Or] Wikipedia Editathon: Writing African American History into Wikipedia

Bridges, Laurie laurie.bridges at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jan 24 12:35:48 PST 2019

On  Friday February 8th, 2019, beginning at 2:00 in the afternoon, the OSU Libraries will be hosting our first-ever Wikipedia Editathon, “Writing African American History into Wikipedia” in partnership with AfroCROWD, a non-profit based on the east coast. We will focus on African American history in the pacific northwest. You are invited to help us add important information to the crowdsourced encyclopedia—no experience necessary! During the event you will create a login, choose a topic/person (based on a list we have generated), and start adding information (we will even provide the books, articles, and links to information). To find out more and register, please visit https://tinyurl.com/WikiEditOSU

If you have any questions, please email me, Laurie.Bridges at oregonstate.edu

Laurie Bridges
Instruction and Outreach Librarian / Associate Professor
Oregon State University
OSU Libraries and Press
+1.541.737.8821

Library liaison to:
School of Language, Culture, and Society
School of Arts and Communication
INTO OSU