[Libs-Or] Fine Free Libraries

Kate Houston kateho at multcolib.org
Fri Jan 25 11:58:18 PST 2019

Here's the ALA statement around this and just two of the public libraries
who went fine free and do a wonderful job explaining the decision. Take a
look!

   -

   “Economic Barriers to Information Access
   <http://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/librarybill/interpretations/economicbarriers>,”
   Interpretations of the Bill of Rights, American Library Association,
   Accessed July 5, 2017.
   -

   “On June 1, we go fine free
   <https://www.oppl.org/news-events/announcements/on-june-1-we-go-fine-free/>,”
   Oak Park Public Library, May 5, 2017. (no adult or youth fees for all
   patrons.)
   -

   “We are fines free!”
   <http://www.addisonlibrary.org/content/were-fines-free> Addison Public