[Libs-Or] Loitering at public libraries

Erickson, Doug derickson at westlinnoregon.gov
Mon Jun 17 13:15:44 PDT 2019

Dear Kathy,
It may depend on if you have an ordinance in your city code that pertains to loitering in public places. It looks like you City ( see below-9.16.040 - Immoral practices.)  does not have one specifically addresses “public places” – It looks like the code only addresses taverns, nightclubs, and cabaret’s, and drinking. You might check with your local law enforcement agency for clarification. I hope this helps in some small way.
Best,
-Doug
9.16.040 - Immoral practices.
A.
Peeping. No person shall go upon the premises of another at night and peer through a door or window.
B.
No person shall frequent, loiter, or be employed in any tavern, cabaret, or nightclub for the purpose of soliciting a person to purchase drinks. No proprietor of any such establishment shall allow the presence in such establishment of any person who violates the provisions of this subsection. This subsection shall not apply to persons regularly employed as bartenders and waiters.
https://library.municode.com/or/boardman/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=CD_ORD_TIT9PUPEMOWE_CH9.16OFAGPUPEDE_9.16.040IMPR