[Libs-Or] Instructional Design for Libraries: Free Web Conference March 13

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Tue Mar 12 12:16:07 PDT 2019

Did you register for tomorrow's free web conference on "Shaping the Future
of Libraries with Instructional Design?" It's not too late! Even if you
can't attend the live sessions held from noon to 3 p.m. Pacific Time, please
register so you get access to the recordings.

Who should attend? The conference is open to everyone!  Librarians, LIS
employers, LIS students, instructional designers, and educators are
especially encouraged to attend.

What will I learn? You'll learn more about how instructional designers are
advancing the educational mission of their libraries and institutions, how
the latest innovations in educational technology are being applied in
libraries and classrooms, and what we can expect as instructional design and
technology transitions from a peripheral to core function within libraries.
This is an opportunity to explore how library professionals and their
colleagues can shape the future of libraries through the application of
instructional design and technology.

What's the schedule? The conference will open with a keynote panel
discussion at 12 p.m. Pacific Time and then break into concurrent sessions.
Participants have the choice of which concurrent sessions they want to
attend. Concurrent session presentations will cover a range of topics, such
as gamifying instruction, improving library tutorials, supporting learning
technology initiatives, and building interactive learning modules. At the
end of the concurrent sessions, all participants will return together for
the ending keynote summary presentation by our moderators John Shank and
Steven Bell. The conference is set to close at 3 p.m. Pacific Time.

Where is the conference held? It's all online! You can attend from your
desk, a coffee shop, your living room, the train, anywhere! You just need
Internet access and a computer or mobile device.

How do I register? Registration is free! Go to the Eventbrite page
<https://libraryinstructionaldesign.eventbrite.com/>  and sign up! An email
with the full conference schedule and session links will be sent to all
registrants. We'll also send you links to the session recordings shortly
after the conference ends.

I want to know more. Fantastic! Please visit the conference website for the
complete speaker lineup, session descriptions, and registration at
https://www.library20.com/instructionaldesign.

Contact:

Nicole Purviance

Director of Marketing and Communications

School of Information

San Jose State University

One Washington Square

San Jose, CA 95192-0029