[Libs-Or] OLA Public Library Division seeks nominations for executive board

Jerianne Thompson JThompson at tualatin.gov
Mon May 20 12:15:37 PDT 2019

Hello!

Are you or someone you know a public library staff member looking for a great way to get more deeply involved in OLA and with public libraries around the state? The Public Library Division of the Oregon Library Association is seeking nominations for four positions on our executive board. The board meets every other month around the state, with virtual meeting attendance an option for all meetings.

The Public Library Division represents all public libraries in Oregon. We offer support through the creation of standards for public libraries. We also develop programs to support continuing education. Current and past projects include:

- revising the OLA Standards for Public Libraries
- providing LSTA-funded Project Outcome training throughout the state
- organizing the spring and fall Public Library Directors Meetings
- annual PLD banquet and Pearl award
- developing a new library director's notebook

The four positions currently open are as follows:

- Chair-elect (3 year term; one year as chair elect, one year as chair, one year as past chair)
- Secretary (2 year term)
- Member at large position #1 (2 year term)
- Member at large position #2 (2 year term)

If you or someone you know are interested, please email Jerianne Thompson at pld at olaweb.org<mailto:pld at olaweb.org> with the following information: name, contact info, and why they would be a great addition to the board. The deadline for nominations is 5 pm on June 3, 2019.

Jerianne Thompson, Library Director
Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Ave. Tualatin OR 97062
503.691.3063 | www.tualatinoregon.gov/library<http://www.tualatinoregon.gov/library>