[Libs-Or] Dr. Reese's lecture and forwarded message

Stephanie Debner stephanie.debner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:16:59 PDT 2019

Many thanks to Dr. Reese for working with ALA to make her lecture available
from behind the paywall and many thanks to Max Macias for forwarding Dr.
Reese's email with the link to the lecture. Thanks also to Meredith Farkas
for providing the link and sharing her letter to the editor, and to others
who have created conversation here. I hope that many take the opportunity
to read what Dr. Reese said at the Arbuthnot Honor Lecture.

I'd like to amplify Max's suggestion that Dr. Reese be invited to speak in
the near future. Since the theme of the OLA 2020 conference is "Equity,
Diversity, Inclusion", it seems like perfect timing as the conference
committee is working on programming decisions.

Stephanie Debner