[Libs-Or] FW: Call for Interest in Attending Veterans Forum

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Fri Nov 15 09:32:19 PST 2019

The Libraries and Veterans National Forum is a two-day symposium to discuss strategies for supporting library patrons and library workers who are veteran or military-affiliated. This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (LG-12-19-0114<https://www.imls.gov/grants/awarded/lg-12-19-0114-19>).  Fifty library workers from a variety of library types and from around the country will be selected to attend the symposium, with travel and accommodations covered courtesy of the IMLS grant. The Forum is scheduled for June 8-9, 2020 in College Station, Texas.

The Libraries and Veterans National Forum is intended to move forward the conversation about veteran and military-affiliated patrons in libraries. To that end, we particularly encourage library workers who are actively engaged in working with these communities to apply to attend.  Engagement with veteran and military communities could look like targeted programs or services, or it could look like collections, spaces, or policies aimed at making libraries friendlier to veteran and military-affiliated patrons.  Or it could be something else entirely!  We want to hear what you’re doing and how you could share your experience.

We also want to extend a specific invitation to library workers from traditionally underrepresented groups and those who work with underrepresented groups within the veteran and military communities to apply to attend.

To indicate interest in attending and for more information, check out our website:  https://veterans.libguides.com/home  The Call for Interest in Attending will close on December 15, 2019, and selected participants will be notified in January 2020.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah LeMire at slemire at library.tamu.edu<mailto:slemire at library.tamu.edu>.

Visit State Library Agency Staff Community at: http://coslabtopcommunity.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network