[Libs-Or] Webinars from NNLM and a Needs Assessment Survey

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Fri Oct 25 08:09:22 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Community Engagement Center has a short needs assessment survey<https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dpeAfdDHzs3zOdf> to help them organize a Community of Practice for library staff who are providing consumer health information, programs, and services. Your responses are valued and requested by November 8.

In addition, NNLM is hosting some upcoming free webinars:

  *   Staying Healthy Abroad: Are you preparing for holiday travel? Has winter inspired you to get out and see the world? Maybe you have questions about what vaccines are required. Perhaps you and your travel companions have preconceived ideas regarding travel especially when it comes to international trips. Author of the book, Staying Healthy Abroad, Dr. Christopher Sanford, will be the presenter at this PNR Rendezvous<https://nnlm.gov/classes/pnr-rendezvous> session. This session will be recorded and posted on the NNLM Pacific Northwest Region website<https://nnlm.gov/pnr>. December 11 at 1:00 p.m. PT. Registration is encouraged<https://nnlm.gov/class/pnr-rendezvous-staying-healthy-abroad/16807>

  *   Working Across Difference: Making Better Connections: While we "know" our co-workers, we often struggle to understand the cultural nuances of dealing with people of different cultural backgrounds, religions, languages, sexual orientations, gender expressions, socioeconomic variety, and more. We may be well intended when we enter or step back from a conversation. We know better, but what we don't know how to do is fix it right? This is part 4 of the webinar series, "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Nine Conversations that Matter to Health Sciences Librarians with Jessica Pettitt"<https://nnlm.gov/classes/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-nine-conversations-matter-health-sciences-librarians-jessica>. This session will be recorded and posted on the NNLM Pacific Northwest Region website<https://nnlm.gov/pnr>. November 13 at 9:00 a.m. PT. Registration is encouraged<https://nnlm.gov/class/working-across-difference-making-better-connections/13129>

  *   The New PubMed: Explore the new PubMed, currently available at PubMed Labs<https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/> for testing. It will be the default PubMed system in early 2020. Be ready for the questions that you know will come your way regarding this change. In this webinar you will preview the new, modern PubMed with its updated features including advanced search tools, saving citations to a Clipboard, options for sharing results, and the new "Cite" button. You'll also learn about the reasons for the change and how this new improved PubMed will make mobile searching easier. This session will be recorded and posted on the NNLM Resource Picks website<https://nnlm.gov/classes/nnlm-resource-picks>. November 20 at 12:00 p.m. PT. Registration is required<https://nnlm.gov/class/new-pubmed/17937>

Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP | Consumer Health Coordinator
NNLM Pacific Northwest Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
206-221-3449
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>