[Libs-Or] ISO: Marketing plans

Jane Scheppke JScheppke at crooklib.org
Fri Oct 25 10:41:11 PDT 2019

Hi libz0rz:

Send me your marketing plans! Crook County Library just released its new Strategic Plan, which is substantially different from the old Strategic Plan in every respect. Time to tell people about what we're doing, why we're doing it, and why it's important. I've never done a comprehensive marketing plan before, so I am looking for examples.

I'm especially interested in plans (or even just stories) from libraries that have made sweeping intentional changes to their institutional culture and service models. How did you communicate those changes to the public? From talking to people in our community, I suspect that there's a significant number of Crook County residents who used to use the library but don't anymore because they think the library is the same place it was when they were kids (tomblike silence, mean ladies, fear of punishment) or even the same place it was during the depths of the recession (limited resources, old technology, building-bound services). Basically, how did you reintroduce the library to people who think they already know what the library is all about?

Looking forward to seeing examples and swapping ideas. This is a big topic, but I'm also really excited to start really telling our library's story in a way that matters!
_
Jane F. Scheppke, MLIS
Assistant Director of Library Services, Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
541-447-7978 ext. 316
jscheppke at crooklib.org<https://mail.co.crook.or.us/owa/14.3.319.2/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=aIMhSZz7canS6XaBDNRRoWtySW92jzSPL_v78zl1353Vdvg6XjrUCA..&URL=mailto%3ajscheppke%40crooklib.org>
Preferred pronouns: she/her
follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/crookcountylibrary/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.