[Libs-Or] Session Proposal Announcement Text (with better links too!)

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Sep 16 12:12:47 PDT 2019

Hi Caren, Rinny, and Tamara,

Here is the text from the OLA Hotline article that should go at to Lib-OR (email: libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>) and up on the web site:

Subject Line for the Email:

2020 OLA Conference: Eighty & EDI

Body of Email / Text for website:

The Oregon Library Association conference will be held April 29-May 2 at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend. As we celebrate 80 years since OLA's beginnings at Timberline Lodge in June 1940, the theme for the 2020 OLA Conference will be: Equity, Diversity, Inclusion.

The conference committee is now accepting session proposals -- with your contribution, we hope to build a slate of content that is engaging, informative, diverse, and inspiring.

Program proposal deadline: October 18th, 2019.

Program contacts will be notified of selection decisions by November 30th, 2019.

Submissions are open to anyone, regardless of membership status.

Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are at the center of our work in libraries.  Libraries are a cornerstone of democracy, providing free and open access to services and resources for everyone in our local communities. This year's OLA conference will explore EDI in many connotations and intersections, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical and mental abilities, body size, religious beliefs, political ideologies, and geography.

The conference is an opportunity for OLA to have focused conversations surrounding EDI, learn from one another,  provide professional and personal growth, and share the important work we are doing to help create equitable and inclusive communities in Oregon.

Pre-conference proposal form: https://forms.gle/VALsSPspsBPyezD7A

Conference session proposal form: https://forms.gle/cjHD53QyCNUB5H4a9

Questions? Please contact:

*         Caren Agata, Program Co-Chair, caren.agata at state.or.us<mailto:caren.agata at state.or.us>

*         Rinny Lakin, Program Co-Chair, erinl at multco.us<mailto:erinl at multco.us>

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527| www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image005.png at 01D31C27.4B9FEA30]