[Libs-Or] Online Learning Resources from PLA and Lynda.com
darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Apr 27 08:25:28 PDT 2020
For those of you who do not receive updates from PLA, I wanted to pass along this information about LinkedIn Learning / Lynda.com:
LinkedIn Learning for Libraries
LinkedIn Learning- formerly Lynda.com-has made changes to its terms of service to provide a solution that preserves library users' privacy. Under LinkedIn Learning's revised terms, a library cardholder will no longer need to create a LinkedIn profile in order to access LinkedIn Learning. Additionally, users will need no longer need to provide an email address to use the service; they will be able to sign on with a library card number and PIN. To learn more, read the full press release<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNDY/index.html>.
LinkedIn is excited to share that after continued discussions with the library community over the past few months, it's taking the first steps toward building a new LinkedIn Learning library product<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNDc/index.html> that's dedicated to serving the needs of library customers and patrons. While LinkedIn works to develop this new product for libraries, library patrons can continue to use Lynda.com<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNDg/index.html> until the new product is in place. LinkedIn looks forward to sharing more specific timing in the coming months.
And while PLA mentions patrons specifically, many of these Lynda.com resources will be of value to library staff as well:
Free Lynda.com Courses on Remote Work, Job Searching and More
COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on the global economy, as many people are now either working remotely or, unfortunately, not working at all. To help in this time, Lynda.com<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNDg/index.html> has unlocked courses to help your patrons stay productive while working from home or, for those who lost their jobs, build out their job search strategy to find a new one.
Visit the LinkedIn Learning Blog<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNDk/index.html> to find links and more information on following free "learning paths" to help job seekers, educators, remote workers and more. The free courses in these learning paths will help:
* Job seekers navigate career strategies in today's job market<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNTA/index.html>
* Professionals remain productive and efficient while working remotely<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNTE/index.html>
* Professionals manage stress and build mindfulness practices into their work day<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNTI/index.html>
* Professionals build resilience during this challenging time<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNTQ/index.html>
* Educators transition to teaching online<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNTY/index.html>
* Talent acquisition professionals adapt to the changing business landscape<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNTg/index.html>
* Sales professionals learn the skills to sell during these unusual times<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNjA/index.html>
* Small businesses navigate the challenges of today's economy<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNjI/index.html>
* Leaders Clearly Communicate and Influence Positive Change in Times of Crisis<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNjQ/index.html>
Last but not least, be sure to check out these free and on-demand webinars on digital literacy from PLA:
* Public Libraries Respond to COVID-19: Free Webinar Series<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNjY/index.html> (March/April 2020)
* Tools for Building Digital Skills with Your Patrons and Staff<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNjg/index.html> (September 2019)
* DigitalLead: Hotspot Lending at Your Library<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNzA/index.html> (July 2019)
* Using DigitalLearn in Your Library<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNzA/index.html> (June 2017)
* Connecting Patrons to the Digital World<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNzI/index.html> (March 2016)
Check out PLA's complete catalog of free, on-demand webinars<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT05Mjk0MTYzJnA9MSZ1PTExMjE3MzYxMjYmbGk9NzYyNjkwNzQ/index.html>
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527| www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D31C27.4B9FEA30]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 15548 bytes
More information about the Libs-Or