[Libs-Or] You are invited: Oregon State University Seminar Series, "Partnerships for remote support of students"

Bridges, Laurie laurie.bridges at oregonstate.edu
Tue Dec 8 22:14:17 PST 2020

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please join us for our first 2020/2021 OSU Library Faculty Seminar Series presentation, “Partnerships for remote support of students” delivered by Nicole Hindes, OSU HSRC<https://studentlife.oregonstate.edu/hsrc/about-hsrc>; Beth Filar Williams, OSU Libraries & Press; and Sagan Wallace, OSU Libraries & Press

In March 2020 the pandemic closure hit the OSU campus (and the world) and we were pushed into a quick reaction to support students - remotely!  Leaning on the relationship previously established between OSUL  and the Human Services Resource Center, we determined we could partner to better support all students. Though the HSRC usually supports about 10% of the student body, with a pandemic closure suddenly all students became HSRC students because of the unexpected  remote situation. This LFA talk will discuss how we put the OSU strategic plan’s values into action over the last nine months to support students—from offering digital course reserves to mailing laptops.

Friday, December 18, 10:00 – 11:00

Register in advance for this seminar:
https://oregonstate.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RmwNPzrJR-6bq7uweqY_2g

Upcoming OSU Library Faculty Seminar Series presentations:

January 29th: “Teaching Truth and Trust in an Era of Digital Dissensus” delivered by Mike Caulfield, Director of blended and networked learning, WSU Vancouver
February 19th: “Using Technology to Create Safe Study Spaces during COVID-19” delivered by Lucinda Amerman and Margaret Mellinger, OSU Libraries & Press

June 18th: “Critical Cataloging and Personal Names” delivered by Jane Sandberg, Electronic Resources Librarian, Linn Benton Community College

 (If there are any questions, please direct them to Laurie Bridges & Diana Park – 2020/2021 LFA Seminar Series Coordinators)

Laurie Bridges
Instruction and Outreach Librarian / Associate Professor
Oregon State University
OSU Libraries and Press
+1.541.737.8821