[Libs-Or] Fwd: [REFORMANET] Update: Law Librarians Monitoring Legal Responses to COVID-19

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:20:05 PST 2020

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michele A. L. Villagran <michele.villagran at sjsu.edu>
Date: Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:18 PM
Subject: [REFORMANET] Update: Law Librarians Monitoring Legal Responses to
COVID-19
To: <REFORMANet at googlegroups.com>
Cc: Marcelo Rodriguez <Marcelo_Rodriguez at ca2.uscourts.gov>

Hola!

I wanted to share an update on our project called Law Librarians Monitoring
COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean
<https://lawlibrariansmonitoringcovid19.com/>. Our project began back in
March 2020 and we initially produced 7 biweekly interviews covering
subsections
<https://lawlibrariansmonitoringcovid19.com/2020/05/05/top-sources/> of the
region as well as identifying top sources for these countries. Since July,
librarians
<https://lawlibrariansmonitoringcovid19.com/2020/10/08/project-members/> from
all parts of the Americas (Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Puerto Rico, Paraguay,
Trinidad and Tobago, Martinique, Canada, etc.) and every month we have
produced reports
<https://lawlibrariansmonitoringcovid19.com/2020/05/03/example-post-3/> in
specific situations in these countries. So far we have 22 reports
<https://lawlibrariansmonitoringcovid19.com/2020/05/03/example-post-3/> and
I’m thrilled to inform you that we are expecting to have a total of 40
reports by March 2021, including reports on how the situation looks like
from the US, Canada and international organizations in the region.

Recently, HeinOnline chose our project to be one of their
librarian-curated additional
resources <https://libguides.heinonline.org/covid-19/additional-resources> part
of their newly released COVID-19 Database. Once you click on additional
resources <https://libguides.heinonline.org/covid-19/additional-resources>,
you have to select the Librarian-Curated tab and you will see our project
listed there. We have also published and presented
<https://lawlibrariansmonitoringcovid19.com/2020/05/05/our-publications/> and
will continue to do so in the coming year.

Please use, share and keep in mind our project, if it helps in any way.

Best, Michele

*Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran*
Assistant Professor, School of Information
San José State University
http://ischool.sjsu.edu
michele.villagran at sjsu.edu
626-703-1903
faculty profile
<https://ischoolapps.sjsu.edu/facultypages/view.php?fac=villagranm> | pronouns:
she/her/hers <https://www.mypronouns.org/she-her>

[image: SJSU School of Information]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CAPiMZiqNjwFgpALixeKs2TXe92tNVdMQKtnphEACanuHMXVx2g%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CAPiMZiqNjwFgpALixeKs2TXe92tNVdMQKtnphEACanuHMXVx2g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

--
Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>