[Libs-Or] Fwd: [REFORMANET] 2021 IDEA Institute on Artificial Intelligence - Call for Applications

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:20:14 PST 2020

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: CLARA CHU <cchu at ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 11:12 AM
Subject: [REFORMANET] 2021 IDEA Institute on Artificial Intelligence - Call
for Applications
To: <reformanet at googlegroups.com>
Cc: <dania at utk.edu>, Soo Young Rieh <rieh at umich.edu>

*Call for applications for 2021 IDEA (Innovation, Disruption, Enquiry,
Access) Institute on Artificial Intelligence*

We invite applications for the inaugural IDEA (Innovation, Disruption,
Enquiry, Access) Institute on Artificial Intelligence (AI). We are seeking
library and information professionals holding full-time positions in US
institutions interested in enhancing and applying their knowledge of AI in
their workplace, to participate in the Institute.

Funded by the * Institute of Museum and Library Services
<https://www.imls.gov/> * (IMLS), the IDEA Institute offers one-week of
intensive learning and practical experience in AI applications in library
and information environments. The first Institute will be held at the
University of Tennessee - Knoxville on July 10-16, 2021 (dates are
tentative, pending COVID-19 circumstances).

We are seeking 15 IMLS-funded Fellows. IMLS-funded Fellows will have their
Institute expenses covered (housing, meals and program fee) and will only
be responsible for the cost of their transportation.

Our priority is to recruit and create a cohort of Fellows who will
represent diverse socio-demographic backgrounds, types of positions, types
of libraries, and capacities of implementing AI in their workplace. We are
recruiting applicants who:

   1. are enthusiastic to learning, evaluating, and applying AI in library
   and information environments;
   2. have a basic knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, Java,
   and/or equivalent) and web coding;
   3. hold full-time positions in US institutions as library and
   information professionals;
   4. are committed to participating in the online Pre-Institute Onboarding
   Program (10-15 hours contact time over three months) and post-Institute
   activities (e.g., project presentations and implementation);
   5. can attend the 2021 IDEA Institute in Knoxville, Tennessee, for one
   week; and
   6. have institutional support to apply learning gained from the
   Institute to AI projects in their own workplace.

IDEA Fellows will be chosen through a competitive selection process.

*We will hold a virtual information session*: January 12, 2021, 1pm ET.
Please *register at*:  go.illinois.edu/ideainstitute

*Applications will be accepted until February 15, 2021. Fellows accepted to
the Institute will be notified in mid-March 2021. *

For more information, visit http://idea.infosci.utk.edu  or direct
questions to Dr. Dania Bilal at dania at utk.edu

---------------------------------
Clara M. Chu
Director and Mortenson Distinguished Professor
Mortenson Center for International Library Programs, UIUC
1402 W. Gregory Dr., Room 142; Urbana, IL 61801 USA
Center: (217) 333-3085; Office: (217) 300-0918

Website <https://www.library.illinois.edu/mortenson/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/mortensoncenter/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/mortensoncenter?lang=en> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/mortensoncenter/?hl=en>

*ASIS&T President, 2019-20

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CA%2BKTvC6f5OKQ%2BMxQ%2BfgTgSYEL4B3uMyU23Ux2ah804ORiEMeJw%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/REFORMANet/CA%2BKTvC6f5OKQ%2BMxQ%2BfgTgSYEL4B3uMyU23Ux2ah804ORiEMeJw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

--
Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>