[Libs-Or] New title available from the State Library

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Thu Feb 13 13:05:08 PST 2020

Greetings!

This new book is available for interlibrary loan from the State Library of Oregon. It is part of the Library and Information Science Collection<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/LIS-Collection.aspx>, which is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act.

[https://secure.syndetics.com/index.aspx?type=xw12&client=chemeketai&upc=&oclc=&isbn=9781538120934/LC.JPG]Casting Light on the Dark Web: A Guide for Safe Exploration<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/search/detailnonmodal/ent:$002f$002fSD_ILS$002f0$002fSD_ILS:1555450/one?qu=Casting+Light+on+the+Dark+Web%3A+A+Guide+for+Safe+Exploration> by Matthew Beckstrom and Brady Lund. Rowman & Littlefield, 2019. ISBN: 978-1-5381-2093-4.

>From the publisher;
An easy-to-read and comprehensive guide to understanding how the Dark Web works and why you should be using it! Readers will be led on a tour of this elusive technology from how to download the platform for personal or public use, to how it can best be utilized for finding information. This guide busts myths and informs readers, while remaining jargon-free and entertaining. Useful for people of all levels of internet knowledge and experience.

You can read more (including the table of contents) at the publisher's website<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781538120934/Casting-Light-on-the-Dark-Web-A-Guide-for-Safe-Exploration>.

If you would like to request this or other LIS materials<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/> from the State Library, please use your library's established interlibrary loan process (e.g. OCLC or ALA request form). If you do not have access to ILL or are not currently affiliated with a library, please contact me to discuss alternative options for borrowing the material.

We welcome purchase suggestions. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. Contact me with your recommendations!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527| www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image005.png at 01D31C27.4B9FEA30]