[Libs-Or] Branch Manager & Librarian Opportunities with FVRL

Andrea Scherer ascherer at fvrl.org
Tue Feb 18 17:03:38 PST 2020

Hello,

I am excited to share some great opportunities with Fort Vancouver Regional
Libraries. Please see the brief summaries below. There are links to our
website for more information.  Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions.

*Branch Manager *

Goldendale Community Library

Goldendale, WA

The branch manager is involved in the day-to-day operations of the branch
as well as serving as the face of the library district within Klickitat
County, community outreach and relationship-building. This includes
partnering with the branch supervisor to lead and develop six employees,
coordinate bookmobile services, conduct programs and attend community
events. This position works closely with our White Salmon Valley Community
Library to develop outreach strategies and service priorities across 1,800
square miles in Klickitat County’s incorporated and unincorporated areas.
Because of the rural nature of this community library, the branch manager
must be willing to drive long distances.

Please visit our website for more information:
http://www.fvrl.org/branch-manager-gd

*Public Services Librarian, Bilingual: Spanish/English*

Vancouver Community Library

Vancouver, WA

This position focuses on creating a welcome environment, enriching library
experiences, and building and maintaining professional relationships with
the Hispanic community, library patrons, and appropriate stakeholders
within the community, Vancouver Community Library, and the library
district. We are looking for someone who is willing to lead by example and
enjoys actively participating in the daily operation of the branch. This
position will provide a full range of information services to patrons of
all ages, collaborate with branch staff to plan and implement library
programs and outreach events, and regularly participate in the management
of the branch.

Please visit our website for more information:
http://www.fvrl.org/public-services-librarian-bilingual-va

*Public Services Librarian*

Cascade Park Community Library

Vancouver, WA

Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries is seeking a full-time public services
librarian for our Cascade Park Community Library. This position will work
throughout the branch to provide a full range of information services to
patrons of all ages including responding to reference and reader’s advisory
questions, locating materials, and instructing patrons in using library
technology. This position will collaborate with the branch manager, two
librarians, and four senior library assistants to plan and implement
library programs, promote library services, and build relationships in our
community.

Please visit our website for more information:
http://www.fvrl.org/public-services-librarian-cp

*Public Services Librarian In-Training*

Vancouver Community Library

Vancouver, WA

This is an amazing opportunity in a busy, urban library for someone who has
strong leadership skills and a passion for working with our younger
patrons. This position will begin as a public services librarian with a
training program to build the skills to be promoted to a senior public
services librarian (youth services focus) in 12 months. Training will
include FVRL Leadership Academy classes, on-the-job training, rotational
assignments, webinars, working closely with their supervisor, and the
components of the established Growth and Development plan. Successful
completion of the training program is required to maintain employment with
FVRL.

Please visit our website for more information:
http://www.fvrl.org/librarian-in-training-va

Best,
Andrea

<http://www.fvrl.org/>

Andrea Scherer

Human Resources Coordinator

360-906-5073

Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries – Operations Center

1007 E Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver WA 98663

My pronouns are: She / Her / Hers