[Libs-Or] The Oregon Reference Summit is on(line)!

Tamara Ottum tamara.ottum at state.or.us
Thu Jul 16 12:26:01 PDT 2020

The Oregon Reference Summit is on(line)!

Join us for the first of several, monthly presentations:

Confidence in Any Weather presented by Ciara Doyle of 211info
Thursday, July 30
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.

Now more than ever it's vital to be able to connect people with resources that can help them. Whether you are new to the job or are looking to refresh your skills, in this webinar you will learn to identify things that make an Information & Referral encounter challenging and develop a set of tools for success, even when you have to say "No." We will provide examples of scripting to use when resources aren't available, and talk about strategies for controlling the call, and how to manage difficult interactions. Finally, we will talk about ways to de-escalate and tips for debriefing difficult calls.

Registration: Click here to register<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTr8-mtCSBHL2a-75Y650IZJg1v9uPNCDRPDuB_3Z1DEO3fQ/viewform>

For more information: Visit our website<https://sites.google.com/olaweb.org/oregon-reference-summit/home/sessions?authuser=0>

For questions, contact:

*         Natalie Brant - natalie.brant at state.or.us<mailto:natalie.brant at state.or.us>